Instagram is a popular site that is a lot of fun for everyone who participates. Whether you are a Gen X or older, you can find the value in this site and share your own awesome photos, too. But, as you are preparing to enter the Instagram world, it is important that you are doing things the right way. This is especially true for people who are small business owners or marketers that want to make a name for their brand. Take a look below to learn eight important things that you must remember when creating an IG account to ensure your success. With this information put to use, it’s easy to get ahead with this site.
- Great Photo: The photo used on your Instagram profile is the first introduction a person has of you so make sure it highlights your best features. This is a photo sharing platform, after all, so people are judging the pictures that you upload.
- Engage: One of the most important things that you can do to stand out above the competition and get the recognition that your brand wants and needs is to engage with the audience on a regular basis. When they comment, leave a reply. If they send a DM, respond to it when appropriate.
- Username: Also called a handle, the user name is how people will locate you on the site. The name must be unique and related to your brand or industry. Take the time to carefully choose a great handle!
- Find Followers: Just as you need followers, you want to follow other accounts. This ensures that you have a nice feed of interesting content to choose from for engagement. You should follow people who follow you, influencers, and people who share similar interests as your own.
- Buy Followers: Buying Instagram followers and likes might sound taboo, but the truth is that it is a popular marketing technique that’s been used for a few years now. It is cheap to buy likes and followers to add to your account and more than beneficial. It is used by the who’s who of marketers, so make sure your name is included in the list.
- Profile Matters: Do not leave a blank profile because this is used by others (in addition to your photo) to decide if you are worth following. It takes a few minutes to update the profile and the benefits are amazing.
- Remain Active: The more active you can be on Instagram, the more your flowers will take an interest in what you are posting. It is fun to engage as this is a socializing platform, after all. Give your audience something to talk about and make sure that you are there to talk about it with them!
- Have Fun: The single most important tip to remember for success on Instagram is to have fun. Don’t be afraid to let your personality shine and give your fans the real you. It is the most important way to get ahead.